* David Stern said the league will cancel the first two weeks of the regular season if a deal is not reached by the start of next week.
* The major sticking point is basketball-related income. Players used to get 57%; they’ve reduced that to 53 percent. The owners propose 47%.
* They’ve talked a 50-50 split on BRI, but what the owners proposed was not really 50/50 (mind-numbingly boring; read about it here).
* David Stern says the owners have backed off a hard cap.
* Decertification is being talked about, but not seriously. Yet.
* Bill Simmons: Fired up!
blog comments powered by Disqus