The next one will come after the NFL combine next month.
1. Colts – Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Rams – Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St.
3. Vikings – Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
4. Browns – Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor. Don’t love him, but Colt McCoy was that bad.
5. Buccaneers – Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College. Everyone has Tampa going DB, but this is the worst run D in the NFL.
6. Redskins – Matt Kalil, OL, USC. Go QB later in the draft and hope you find an Andy Dalton … or wait for next year.
7. Jaguars – Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina. Shoots up the board because new coach Mike Mularky needs a weapon for Blaine Gabbert.
8. Panthers – Quinton Coples, DE, UNC. Everyone wants Cam to add a WR, but there are plenty of those available. Gotta improve that horrid defense. Nice bookend for Johnson.
9. Dolphins – Jonathan Martin, OL. See Washington’s strategy for QB, or consider Peyton Manning if he’s healthy. The Bush/Thomas RB combo in 2012 will like Martin.
10. Bills – Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama. Second straight Alabama 1st round pick for the Bills bolsters the 5th-worst rush D in the NFL.
11. Chiefs – Riley Reiff, OL, Iowa. Whether it’s Orton or Cassel, the QB – and Charles – will be thrilled. Strongly considered Trent Richardson here.
12. Seahawks – David DeCastro, OL, Stanford – Seattle’s bad QB, T Jack, was sacked 42 times. Only one QB was sacked more (Alex Smith).
13. Cardinals – Devon Still, DT, Penn State. Good fit for a bad 3-4 defense.
14. Cowboys – Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama. He probably won’t fall this far, but he’d be a terrific upgrade over Terrence Newman.
15. Eagles – Zach Brown, LB, UNC.
16. Jets – Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia. New OC Tony Sparano will evaluate the OL and say, “you want ground and pound? We need a new lineman because Wayne Hunter sucks.”
17. Bengals (from Raiders) – Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama. Cedric Benson’s a free agent. Richardson could be the steal of the draft.
18. Chargers – Michael Brockers, DT, LSU. Replacement for Luis Castillo.
19. Bears – David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech. Forte’s coming off an injury. Groom Wilson for a year, then he takes over.
20. Titans – Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi St. In a division with MJD & the run-happy Texans, the 24th best run D needs to improve immediately.
21. Bengals – Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska. Defense was improved in 2011, but the secondary was shaky at times.
22. Browns (from Atlanta) – Lamar Miller, RB, Miami. With Hillis leaving, Miller could start immediately.
23. Lions – Mark Barron, S, Alabama. Detroit will be a popular Super Bowl pick in the NFC.
24. Steelers – Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech. If you don’t like him, go with Gilmore or Jenkins or Minnifield. But cornerback is a need.
25. Broncos – Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford. Too high? Perhaps. But what a safety valve he becomes for Tim Tebow. And if Tebow fails, the next QB inherits a terrific TE.
26. Giants – Dont’a Hightower, LB, Alabama. Same as last mock.
27. Texans – Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor. Let the Super Bowl chatter begin, much like how Atlanta was crowned after the Julio Jones pick in 2011.
28. Patriots (from Saints) – Whitney Mercilius, DE, Illinois. The joke never gets old – they’ll trade this pick, right?
29. 49ers – Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina. Think he’ll blow up at the Combine and go higher. No change from last mock.
30. Ravens – Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona St. Had this in the last mock, and I’ll very likely stick with it the rest of the way.
31. Patriots – Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame. It’ll never happen, but goodness, that offense would be disgusting.
32. Packers – Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia. Secondary is the only flaw, right?