Stephen Garcia, the former South Carolina Gamecock QB who was kicked off the team last year, was bypassed in the NFL draft, and landed in Canada. Last week, Garcia was signed by the Montreal Alouettes, and was injured exciting the team bus.
Garcia injured two fingers getting off the bus and flashing the peace sign, according to the organization.
[UPDATE: Not true! Garcia told a reporter in Canada about the injury, who then reported it. Guess SEC humor doesn’t translate to Canada.]
Garcia has had quite the checkered past, being suspended five times by Gamecock coach Steve Spurrier:
* Suspended for public drunkenness a month after enrolling in 2007
* Suspended for vandalizing a professor’s car two months after enrolling
* Suspended for underage drinking
* Suspended for having girls in his hotel room after curfew at the Chick-Fil-A Bowl
* Suspended for drunken, disruptive behavior at an SEC-mandated leadership event
Bonne chance in Montreal, Mr. Garcia! [Montreal Gazette]