* This will probably be the 10th straight major that ends with a 1st-time winner. Adam Scott the leader by four shots, has never won a Major. Neither has Brandt Snedeker, who is tied for 2nd place.
* Graeme McDowell, who was terrific Saturday and is tied with Snedeker four shots back, has won a Major. The US Open in 2010.
* Tiger Woods is five shots back, but has never come-from-behind after 54 holes to win a major. His Major-less drought is likely to continue.
* For our South African readers who love Ernie Els … sure, I guess he could pull it off. He’s won the US Open twice and the British Open once (2002), but is six shots off the pace.
* Since you’re curious, the largest comeback ever to win a Major was by Paul Lawrie, who famously rallied at the 1999 British Open to defeat Jean van de Velde (and Justin Leonard) in a playoff. Here’s some video of the collapse at Carnoustie:
blog comments powered by Disqus