Chad Johnson’s release last night from the Dolphins leaves him without a job. A few months ago, right before the Dolphins gave him a chance, I declared him done after looking at how little he contributed in New England. That was probably harsh. So after racking my brain, here’s a list of five teams that could use Chad Johnson:
5. Miami Dolphins– after trading Brandon Marshall, the worst receiving group in the league. Could get a chance there if he stays out of trouble, based on nothing but desperation. Mean Machine — Could probably beat out anyone from the 1974 film “The Longest Yard” at this point to catch passes from Paul Crewe, but more doubtful as to whether he could start on the remake version.
4. Allen Wranglers — with Terrell Owens no longer with the Wranglers, they have an opening.
3. My son’s third grade flag football team. The playbook is complex for a third grade level, so this is certainly no given. Still, with summer vacations and school getting ready to start, we could use some scout team depth – haven’t had a fully attended practice yet.
2. Las Vegas Sin, Lingerie Football League. Chad was arrested for head butting his wife in an argument over a box of condoms. Seems perfectly suited to move directly into the Lingerie League, where he’ll get head butted if he gets out of line.
1. Seattle Seahawks — they need someone to keep Braylon Edwards, Terrell Owens, and Kellen Winslow in line.
[photo via US Presswire]