Hannah Storm, the ESPN Sportscenter anchor, was seriously burned in a propane gas grill explosion at her home in early December. She returns to television for the first time in three weeks today for the Rose Parade.
From the AP:
Storm suffered second-degree burns on her chest and hands, and first-degree burns to her face and neck. She lost her eyebrows and eyelashes, and roughly half her hair.
… [Storm] was preparing dinner outside her home in Connecticut on the night of Dec. 11 when she noticed the flame on the grill had gone out. She turned off the gas and when she reignited it “there was an explosion and a wall of fire came at me.”
Sounds terrifying. Storm was treated for 24 hours at the Trauma and Burn Center at Westchester Medical Center, and her first time outside since the accident will be today. [AP]
blog comments powered by Disqus