Less than four weeks to go until the NFL draft, and things are starting to get hazy. Will a QB go in the Top 10? The last time one didn’t get drafted in the Top 10 (or the first round) was 1996. Will we see a flurry of trades late in the first round so someone can get a jump ahead of the inevitable run of slightly above-average QBs? Will a running back go in the 1st round?
This week’s podcast is with ESPN draft guru Todd McShay, who plays Ying to Mel Kiper’s Yang on Sportscenter. I’ve been working on getting McShay for a couple months now, but he kept putting me off, telling me he was studying tape in a dungeon in his house. It becomes quite clear early on in the podcast that he was not lying.
Among the many topics covered (besides this Mock Draft app):
* What his war room at home is like
* The all-important Tape vs. On-Field Production debate (like Jarvis Jones)
* How he tunes out all the NFL draft noise, and there is a lot of noise
* Mel Kiper Jr. does not use an ATM card.
* His projected Top 3 now
* His thoughts on Johnny Manziel, whom he compares to … Tim Tebow. And yes, he expects ESPN to cover Manziel the same way it covered Tebow, which may make some of you laugh or vomit.
Episode 6: Kevin Ware Reaction, with John Ourand, Dan Steinberg & Clay Travis
Episode 5: Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network
Episode 4: Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports
Episode 3: Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports
Episode 2: Doug Gottlieb of CBS Sports
Episode 1: Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors
blog comments powered by Disqus