I had planned to do a Jets postmortem after the draft, tied to the trade of Revis and the future of the franchise. Then the Jets drafted Geno Smith. Then, they cut Tim Tebow. So the tone/angle of the podcast sort of changed. At any rate, I got to grumble and vent to Manish Mehta of the Daily News and Judy Battista of the New York Times about the following:
* When are they cutting Mark Sanchez? Just write the damn check so the circus can leave town, Woody. What, are you going to make your rookie QB #3 behind David Garrard?
* Why is the New York media so angry about the Jets? Is it because … the Jets suck? The owner does dumb things? The head coach’s mouth writes checks his butt can’t cash?
* Just how much of a douche is Woody Johnson? Why can’t I win the lottery and buy him out? [Ok, I didn’t say that last part, but I did call him a “cheap bastard.”]
* The running back tandem of Chris Ivory and Mike Goodson … bottom five in the league, right?
* Tebow. It was a terrible free agent move. It might not have been if they used him correctly last year, but oh well. We don’t spend much time on Tebow, thankfully.
* The consensus among the three of us – 4-6 wins next year, Rex is gone.
Episode 12: Evan Silva and Josh Norris of Roto World Talk About the NFL Draft
Episode 11: NFL Podcast with Mike Silver of Yahoo Sports, Who Hates the Draft
Episode 10: Bruce Feldman of CBS Sports on the NFL Draft and College Football
Episode 9: NBA Playoff Talk with Howard Beck of the New York Times
Episode 8: Talking Michigan-Louisville and the NBA with Al Horford of the Atlanta Hawks
Episode 7: NFL Draft Talk with ESPN’s Todd McShay
Episode 6: Kevin Ware Reaction, with John Ourand, Dan Steinberg & Clay Travis
Episode 5: Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network
Episode 4: Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports
Episode 3: Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports
Episode 2: Doug Gottlieb of CBS Sports
Episode 1: Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors