Dick Vitale, everyone’s favorite college basketball announcer, stopped by the podcast this week to talk about the NBA draft and several other random topics. If I had to rank the highlights, I’d start with the end – a rant about jerks on twitter using profane language – and the beginning, where he talks about having just stepped off the tennis court. Vitale said he plays tennis several days a week against “young ladies.” I love this guy. He asked me to link up his website, which looks pretty sweet for a guy who just turned 74.
* A detailed breakdown of how/why he correctly nailed the score to Game 7 of the NBA Finals.
* How will Kentucky do without Kyle Wiltjer? We both agree they’ll miss his leadership and ability to stretch defenses. It probably won’t be a problem until the Elite 8 or Final 4, though.
* In the draft, Vitale likes Burke over MCW. Vitale thinks people are underrating on Cody Zeller. I agree with him.
* Vitale’s ‘sleepers’ outside the Top 10 – he loves Reggie Bullock of UNC and DeShaun Thomas of Ohio State and Isaiah Canaan of Murray State.
* We eventually get around to PJ Hairston’s situation with an agent. Vitale, after a big sigh, sounds upset about it all.
* Everett Golson‘s loss for the Irish … huge, right? [Vitale is a big ND fan and talks about his honorary degree.]
* The aforementioned twitter rant. It’s glorious. He says I tweet too much, and he’s probably right.
Episode 16: Dan Wolken of USA Today Sports
Episode 15: Talking Sports Media with Dan LeBatard the Columnist/Radio Host/TV Host
Episode 14: Mike Greenberg, ESPN Radio
Episode 13: Manish Mehta of the Daily News and Judy Battista of the NYT Talk Jets, Tebow and Sanchez
Episode 12: Evan Silva and Josh Norris of Roto World Talk About the NFL Draft
Episode 11: NFL Podcast with Mike Silver of Yahoo Sports, Who Hates the Draft
Episode 10: Bruce Feldman of CBS Sports on the NFL Draft and College Football
Episode 9: NBA Playoff Talk with Howard Beck of the New York Times
Episode 8: Talking Michigan-Louisville and the NBA with Al Horford of the Atlanta Hawks
Episode 7: NFL Draft Talk with ESPN’s Todd McShay
Episode 6: Kevin Ware Reaction, with John Ourand, Dan Steinberg & Clay Travis
Episode 5: Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network
Episode 4: Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports
Episode 3: Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports
Episode 2: Doug Gottlieb of CBS Sports
Episode 1: Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors
blog comments powered by Disqus