POWERED BY

NFL

Aaron Hernandez Being Investigated For a Double-Murder in July 2012 in Boston, According to Fox 25

Aaron Hernandez, the former Patriots tight end who was arrested Wednesday and charged with murder, is now being investigated by police for another shooting, this time a double-murder in Boston that happened in July 2012, according to Fox 25. Here’s what the TV station is reporting:

According to the Boston Police blog from that date, officers responded to the intersection of Shawmut Avenue and Herald Street just after 2 a.m. When they arrived, they found three people had been shot, two fatally, as they sat in a car at a traffic light.

The men were identified as Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu. The FOX 25 source said the men, who worked at a cleaning company in Dorchester, had just left a bar in the area.

Furtado and Abreu were sitting in the front seat of the vehicle when witnesses said the occupants of a gray or silver SUV with Rhode Island plates opened fire on it. The surviving victim was in the back seat. Investigators believed two others in the car fled the scene.

The source said that investigators were looking into Aaron Hernandez’s connection to the killing.

Many questions remain, obviously, and the timing of this news leak is curious. It comes a day after prosecutors laid out what sounded like as strong case against Hernandez, but a case that also lacked a murder weapon. The lawyer for Hernandez was quick to note that the evidence was mostly circumstantial, even though prosecutors used video to place Hernandez at the scene of the crime. [H/T Mike, via Fox 25]

Related: Aaron Hernandez Was Sued Last Week For Shooting a Man after a Miami Strip Club Outing in February
Related: Aaron Hernandez Was Hanging Out at a Bar With Odin Lloyd in Boston on the Night Lloyd Was Murdered

 

blog comments powered by Disqus

Latest Leads