If I had to pick the ESPN radio host ruffling the most feathers lately, it’d be Dan Dakich. He’s a former Indiana basketball coach who devours hoops. Also, he is a TV college basketball analyst. I had him on the show this week to talk some NBA draft, some college basketball, and also why people love to hate him on twitter.
* The Jrue Holiday trade and Cody Zeller in the pros
* What went wrong with Indiana against Syracuse – cover your ears, Tom Crean – and how a team with two Top 4 picks got bounced in the Sweet 16
* His son is at Michigan already playing at open gyms with the Wolverines, who Dakich thinks will be excellent next year (I have them 7th).
* And then, for probably the last 15 minutes, he talked about mixing it up with fans/listeners on twitter and being a “homer or a hater.”
* He said ESPN doesn’t get on his case about heated back-and-forth exchanges with fans on the web.
Episode 17: Dick Vitale of ESPN
Episode 16: Dan Wolken of USA Today Sports
Episode 15: Talking Sports Media with Dan LeBatard the Columnist/Radio Host/TV Host
Episode 14: Mike Greenberg, ESPN Radio
Episode 13: Manish Mehta of the Daily News and Judy Battista of the NYT Talk Jets, Tebow and Sanchez
Episode 12: Evan Silva and Josh Norris of Roto World Talk About the NFL Draft
Episode 11: NFL Podcast with Mike Silver of Yahoo Sports, Who Hates the Draft
Episode 10: Bruce Feldman of CBS Sports on the NFL Draft and College Football
Episode 9: NBA Playoff Talk with Howard Beck of the New York Times
Episode 8: Talking Michigan-Louisville and the NBA with Al Horford of the Atlanta Hawks
Episode 7: NFL Draft Talk with ESPN’s Todd McShay
Episode 6: Kevin Ware Reaction, with John Ourand, Dan Steinberg & Clay Travis
Episode 5: Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network
Episode 4: Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports
Episode 3: Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports
Episode 2: Doug Gottlieb of CBS Sports
Episode 1: Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors
blog comments powered by Disqus