Remember MLB’s Biogenesis scandal? It’s not going away, in fact it’s moving forward. Late Tuesday afternoon ESPN Outside the Lines reporters T.J. Quinn and Mike Fish posted this bombshell that MLB is making plans to suspend Ryan Braun, Alex Rodriguez and up to 20 other players linked to the Florida anti-aging clinic run by Anthony Bosch. The movement comes after MLB spoke with Braun in late June and the former MVP refused to answer any questions about his links to Bosch.
From the ESPN report:
Commissioner Bud Selig’s office is expected to suspend Braun and Rodriguez, along with as many as 20 players sometime after next week’s All-Star break, several sources told “Outside the Lines.” As OTL reported, MLB started building cases against the players last month after Bosch agreed to cooperate with investigators.
The question is the length of the suspensions.
Sources said the commissioner’s office was considering 100-game bans for Braun and Rodriguez, the punishment for a second offense, even though neither player was previously suspended for violating MLB’s drug policy.
Also on Tuesday, New York Daily News reported that MLB was planning to talk to Rodriguez about his involvement and previous links to PED use.
Clearly this story isn’t going away. This should make next week’s All-Star Game in New York a lot more interesting.
Previously: Diamondbacks Pitcher David Hernandez: Throw PED Cheats Out of Baseball
Previously: MLB’s Latest PED Scandal: Outrage, Fauxrage or None of the Above?
Previously: MLB Offered $125,000 to Original Whistleblower in Biogenesis Scandal, and He Didn’t Take It
blog comments powered by Disqus