Something you probably didn’t know about Jay Williams, the former Duke star, Chicago Bulls draft pick, and current ESPN analyst: He spent a training camp with the Nets about a decade ago. Lawrence Frank was the coach. Jason Kidd was the point guard. The two didn’t even get along then.
The podcast opens with Williams talking about Frank’s immense playbook … and how Kidd regularly ignored it, and told Williams not to worry about it. And how Frank did nothing when Kidd didn’t run the plays. It’s interesting behind-the-scenes stuff.
On college hoops:
* Duke/Michigan, featuring NBA chatter on McGary, GR3 and Stauskas
* Loaded Arizona, their NBA frontline, and fearless Nick Johnson
* The Embiid-NBA draft issue. He’s raw, but 7-feet tall. Top 5 pick?
* Why does Jeff Goodman hate Andrew Wiggins?
* Marcus Smart is the man, maybe the most polished player in the draft.
* My man Aaron Craft.
* When pressed for Final 4 teams – his phone is on the fritz at the end – Williams stands by Syracuse