I’ve long maintained that November is the best sports month of the year, but you can’t discount December for this reason: College football coaching searches are so darn fun. One could argue ground zero for college football coaching searches is Football Scoop, a website run by Scott Roussel. Does anybody talk to more college football coaches on a daily basis than Roussel? If you’re not familiar with his background, you’ll want to read this and this.
Among the topics covered on the podcast, which you subscribe to (right?):
* Nick Saban and Texas. The rumors persist. If you’re one of the people who think there’s ‘no chance’ he goes to Texas … well, listen to Roussel’s informed opinion.
* Roussel isn’t ready to rule out … Baylor’s Art Briles for the Texas job. He hasn’t seen the paperwork, and is the deal signed, or is it just verbal?
* Interesting nugget that not many are talking about – the potential for NCAA sanctions against Alabama. The sanctions wouldn’t be huge, but must be considered. Worth noting that Chip Kelly and Pete Carroll are rumored to have left Oregon and USC partially because of fear of NCAA sanctions.
* Washington Huskies sleeper? Darren Bevell the Seattle offensive coordinator.
* Let’s say Alabama loses Nick Saban. Is Kirby Smart automatically the guy?
* Before you ask about Jimbo Fisher of FSU … Roussel doesn’t think Fisher is going anywhere, anytime soon, for any other jobs.
* Mark Richt is 53. Will he be coaching … at all, in five years?
blog comments powered by Disqus