How good has this college basketball season been? Besides tremendous freshman, Arizona has been outstanding, depth nationwide has been absurd, and the early-season fouls problem seems to have subsided. To discuss these matters and more, we spoke with the dynamic CBS Sports duo of Matt Norlander and Jeff Borzello. If you follow College Hoops, you know their work.
As usual, the podcast is on itunes before it is on the site. So you should subscribe.
Among the topics:
* How they hustled and got their current jobs. About five years ago, Norlander had three jobs; Borzello was a graduate student looking at a career in teaching.
* Did you see the Mike DeCourcy/Gary Parrish twitter debate about Top 25 rankings? Are rankings silly and an easy way to generate cheap clicks, or do they actually have value?
* Does Wisconsin have the best resume in the country right now?
* There’s some talk about Syracuse. As a longtime Syracuse fan, I’m not nearly as impressed – yet – by the Orange as Borzello and Norlander.
* I posit that Ron Baker is the new Aaron Craft: Undersized white star who is a really good player that the media has an irrational love for. Read this SI piece before screaming at me in the comments.
* I like Kansas as a Final 4 team, and don’t care about the three losses. That being said – could Kansas, with two Top 5 picks, potentially be this season’s Indiana from 2013?
* The guys think I’m nuts for floating the idea Arizona could head into the NCAA tourney unbeaten.
* We make Dec. 17th, 2013 Final Four picks. I’ll probably nail three of four.
blog comments powered by Disqus