Sir Alex Ferguson is going to Harvard. The recently-retired manager of Manchester United, “will lecture in the Ivy League University’s new programme entitled ‘The Business of Entertainment, Media and Sports’, starting in May” on a long-term basis.
Some hypothetical lectures from the 72-year-old Scot will include:
- The best type of shoe to kick at your star player in times of crisis.
- How to manipulate officials with nothing more than a hard look.
- Fergie Time: A five-part explainer.
- Chewing Gum: How it helps you when the going gets tough.
- The 100 best ways to tell journalists to get bent.
- Legacy 101: Picking a terrible replacement to make your accomplishments look better when you leave a position.
- Hairdryers & You: Relating to employees through pointed outbursts of anger.
- Mind games, mind games, mind games.
We kid, we kid. Sir Alex is a great manager and his Harvard class figures to be very worthwhile.