Movoto’s blog published a map graphic, listing the wealthiest Americans by state. Here are some sports-related notables that made the list.
* Nike founder and Oregon Booster Phil Knight, worth $19 billion, is the wealthiest man in Oregon.
* Tom Benson, owner of the New Orleans Saints and the Pelicans, is the wealthiest in Louisiana at $1.5 billion.
* The Maloof brothers, former owners of the Sacramento Kings, are the wealthiest in New Mexico at $1 billion.
* Nationals owner Ted Lerner is the wealthiest in Maryland at $4.6 billion.
* Larry Ellison, worth $49.4 billion, funds Oracle Team USA, which won the 2013 America’s Cup.
* Charles Johnson, worth $8.4 billion, is the wealthiest man in Florida and the principal owner of the San Francisco Giants.
* John Menard, worth $7.7 billion, is the father of NASCAR driver Paul Menard and a partner in Robbie Gordon Motorsports.