Hope you’re not getting married on May 2nd.
As a matter of fact, it’d be wise for sports fans everywhere to make sure they have no plans on May 2nd, because it’s going to be the best sports day of the year, and it’s not even close. Behold:
* The EPL regular season will be winding down. Manchester City vs. Tottenham highlights the schedule.
* Day 3 of the NFL draft. Last year, Michael Sam was a big deal. Tom Brady is the most famous 6th round pick in NFL history. The Seahawks built nearly half their vaunted defense with Day 3 draft picks.
* 1:35 pm – Yankees at Red Sox! It’s always fun!
* NBA playoffs! Guess what happened on May 3rd last year? Three 1st round game 7s. The 2015 NBA playoffs begin on April 18th. Should any 1st round series go seven games … they’ll likely be played on Saturday and Sunday.
* Late Afternoon – Kentucky Derby! A few of the potential horses you may need to be familiar with by then – Dortmund, American Pharoah, International Star and It’s a Knockout.
* 7:10 pm – Nationals at Mets. Dare to dream – What if Stephen Strasburg is pitching against Matt Harvey?
* NBA Playoffs/NHL Playoffs: As we get closer to May 2, the games will come into focus. The NHL regular season ends April 11, so the NHL will be into the 2nd round by May 2nd.
* Late night: Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather. Probably going to be the most lucrative Pay Per View fight in boxing history. Arguably the most anticipated fight since Tyson/Holyfield II in 1997.
Not a bad nightcap at all to the greatest sports day of 2015.