Nick Diaz has had an eventful past few weeks, and it appears things have only gotten crazier for the 33-year-old UFC star. Diaz was reportedly involved in a huge brawl at a Las Vegas nightclub early Wednesday morning.
The incident reportedly began when Diaz went to the bathroom outside Hyde nightclub around 2:30 a.m. and another customer began talking trash to him. Nick says he apologized and said he didn’t want any trouble, but three other men joined in and jumped the former Strikeforce welterweight champion.
As Diaz tried to defend himself he claims he was hit hard on the head. He told TMZ Sports, “I didn’t start it. They didn’t know who I was.”
The brawl spilled out onto the floor of the Bellagio’s casino. A representative for Hyde says the attackers were “swinging chairs and brawling with club and casino staffers” before finally being taken away by security.
Diaz told Bellagio security he didn’t want to press charges because, “They got the worst of it.”
Diaz attempted to avoid taking a drug test last week, less than two weeks after coming off a suspension for a prior positive drug test, which was the third positive test of his MMA career. Then Nick and his brother Nate’s posse were involved in an altercation at the pre-UFC 202 press conference with Conor McGregor, where bottles and cans were thrown violently. As a result of that, he was banned from attending the fight’s weigh-in and could not participate as a cornerman for his brother.
There’s never a dull moment when the Diaz brothers are involved.