Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor aren’t going to fight according to Floyd Mayweather. The retired boxer broke the news to FightHype.com on the same night that FOX Sports’ Colin Cowherd once said he had heard the fight would take place. Mayweather said that “we must move on” and hopefully, we will. If we haven’t already.
Mayweather spoke some harsh combat sports truths adding, “I feel honored to be the biggest name in MMA and in boxing and I don’t even compete no more.”
I’m sorry, did he forgot about CM Punk?
Mayweather hasn’t fought since September 12, 2015 and so far, remains retired. Meanwhile, McGregor fought Nate Diaz last month at UFC 202. Apparently, a bunch of boxers who are not Floyd Mayweather have also called out or challenged McGregor. They are just as likely to get a boxing match against the UFC featherweight champion, but they’re going to do it without as much fanfare as Mayweather.