Michigan played its first road game at Rutgers. It got ugly for the Scarlet Knights and stayed ugly, in a 78-0 Wolverines win. This was Michigan’s largest margin of victory since beating Chicago 85-0 in 1939.
Here are some highlights from the box score.
- Michigan out-gained Rutgers 600-39
- Rutgers gained 39 total yards on 54 plays, an average of 0.72 yards/play
- Rutgers had 2 first downs the entire game, which came when it was well out of hand. The Scarlet Knights went 0-17 on third down conversions. They punted 16 times.
- The Wolverines ran for 481 yards on 56 carries. They scored nine rushing touchdowns.
- Jabrill Peppers had 74 yards and 2 touchdowns on three offensive touches. He also had a punt return for a touchdown that was called back for a penalty.
Your move, Urban.