21. Seattle – Greedy Williams, CB, LSU. Time for the Seahawks – who were a surprise playoff team in 2018 – to rebuild that secondary. Williams could end the Combine as a Top 15 talent in the draft.
22. Baltimore – N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State. Lamar Jackson is going to need help on the outside, but after Brown, it’s not yet clear who the 2nd best WR in the draft is.
23. Houston – Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida. It’s got to be defensive back or the offensive line, right? Deshaun Watson was sacked more than any other QB in the NFL last year.
24. Oakland (via Chicago) – Byron Murphy, CB, Washington. The 32nd ranked pass defense per DVOA has to spend one of its first round picks on a defensive back. When you’re facing Pat Mahomes 2x a year, you better beef up the secondary.
25. Philadelphia – Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson. There is a lot of uncertainty heading into the offseason about the Eagles defensive line. Three players, age 31 or older, could be moving on.
27. Oakland (via Dallas) – JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford. Jon Gruden is a major wild card in this draft given all the needs the Raiders have. It’s difficult to imagine that pathetic defense only getting one pick out of the three 1st rounders, but offense sells tickets, and they’ll be Vegas in 2020.
28. LA Chargers – Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama. Health on this team is a massive issue, and MLB Denzel Perryman has been hurt each of the last two years. Without him, they’re thin at LB. Wilson has star potential.
29. Kansas City – Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama. There are needs all over the Chiefs defense, so it feels like a best-on-board situation. Perhaps a CB will emerge in at the Combine as a candidate here, because the top three are almost certain to be gone.
30. Green Bay (via New Orleans) – Cody Ford, OL, Oklahoma. The Packers offensive line was fantastic, with the exception of issues at right guard. Will new coach Matt LaFleur want to go to the run the way he did with Derrick Henry late in the season? And can Ford play guard? He was an All-American tackle for the Sooners.
31. New England – Jachai Polite, Edge, Florida. As always, who knows with Belichick. The pass rush wasn’t bad in the postseason, but let’s see how the Super Bowl goes. This is an old team almost everywhere other than the OL and at RB.
32. LA Rams – Jaylon Ferguson, Edge, Louisiana Tech. They’re probably going to lose Dante Fowler in free agency, opening a big need on the edge. There also could be a need at CB.